Over the weekend we took our two boys down to Drayton Manor for our eldest sons 5th birthday. It was a total surprise to him. I have no idea how we managed to keep it a secret as we had mentioned it several times in front of him! You will find below a list of what we took in our bags. A quick warning we took more than needed as every time we checked the weather it had changed. So as we were travelling from Edinburgh we decided to take items for all weather types…just in case!
What’s In Our Bag – Drayton Manor & Thomas Land
For our boys:
- 3 x sets of clothes each (I always take one set more than needed)
- 2 x Shorts each (in case it was hot)
- Nappies & Wipes (for the youngest)
- 1 x jumper each
We also took bedding for the youngest as we had booked a travel cot, and we also took our son’s birthday presents with us for him to open on the Tuesday morning. Then the usual teddies for each of them, toiletries and some story books for bedtime.
Obviously we took clothes for ourselves including trousers and shorts in case the weather changed.
Other Items We Took
- Pram and Raincover
- Rain jackets
- Changing Bag
- Snacks for our trip duration
- Camera, Tablets, Chargers
- Birthday cake…don’t forget the birthday cake!!!
- Youngest’s milk – we have been trying him on Lacofree milk and he loves it, so we made sure we took it with us just in case the hotel had nothing suitable for him.
As you can see we packed for all weather – rain, heat, and normal weather. We didn’t want to chance it when we were travelling such a long distance.
If you are doing a road trip this summer then why not check out our post about keeping kids entertained in the car. Maybe you will find something useful to help you on your journey.
What essentials do you pack to go away?
Latest posts by Sam (see all)
- Why The Isle of Arran Is Perfect For Families - September 23, 2017
- Kings Cave & Machrie Standing Stones With Kids - September 20, 2017
- Travel Essentials For Travelling With Babies (Age 0-1) - September 16, 2017