We had booked a long weekend away to do some hiking on Islay. The bags and car were more than likely over packed as we had all our hiking gear with us too! I don’t think we can ever pack light! This time it was just myself and the boys going away, along with my parents. We were self catering so we decided to take along some food for breakfast, our Friday night dinner and also for Little K (he is dairy intolerant)
What’s In Our Bag – Islay
For our boys:
- 3 x sets of clothes each
- 2 x Shorts each (in case it was hot)
- Nappies & Wipes (for the youngest)
- 1 x jumper each
- Big K also had his hiking gear (walking trousers, and 2 quick dry tops)
I also took bedding for the Little K as we had booked a travel cot. Then the usual teddies for each of them, toiletries and some story books for bedtime.
I also had my own clothes and my hiking gear which is similar to Big K’s hiking gear. Also part of our hiking gear we had our waterproof jackets and trousers, along with our hiking boots.
Other Items We Took
- Pram and Raincover
- Our big hiking baby carrier and also our Boba 4g (if it doesn’t rain, I always use the Boba 4G!)
- Changing Bag
- Snacks for our trip duration
- Camera, Tablets, Chargers
- Little K’s milk, special dairy free butter, and snacks
- Also washing up liquid, scrub brush, toilet roll and a picnic blanket
As you can see we probably packed way too much but we do like to go prepared when we are going away. When travelling by car this means we can over pack as we are not restricted on weight of suitcases etc…never know if we run out of boot space we can just buy a trailer! Ha!
If you are doing a road trip this summer then why not check out our post about keeping kids entertained in the car. Maybe you will find something useful to help you on your journey.
What essentials do you pack to go away?
Latest posts by Sam (see all)
- How To Spend A Week In Northumberland With Kids and Dogs! - April 29, 2017
- Cragside in Northumberland – A Tranquil Setting For A Family Day - April 26, 2017
- Easter Fun At RSPB Loch Leven - April 22, 2017