Travel by boat or plane, for us they both have pros and cons. Travelling with kids can be stressful and we are always looking for ways to reduce the stress and picking the right form of transport for the journey can help lots! Each can get you on your family holiday but for us there is one form on transport that we prefer when we go on our holidays.
Boat or Plane?
Flying – Pros
- You get there quicker (in theory!)
- You can gain air miles to use on future flights (airline dependant)
- Under 2’s are free on most airlines or with a small charge
- Lots of planes to keep the kids entertained
Flying – Cons
- You can be delayed
- Tight space on board unless you have paid for an upgrade
- Limited luggage allowance
- Under 2’s have to sit on your lap
- Can cost more
- Getting through security is never stress free
- Airports can also be boring for some
- Some timings for flights can be a pain (early mornings or overnight stops)
Boats – Pros
- Can cost cheaper than flying
- Space to run about and explore
- No airline meals
- No airport security stress
- Can take as much luggage as you need as it will all be in your car!
Boats – Cons
- Can take longer than flying (unless you get delayed by flying)
- Cabins can be small unless you upgrade
- Food can be expensive
- Seas can be rough causing sea sickness/no sleep
- Depending where you are travelling from it can be a long journey to get to the port
So What Do We Prefer?
No question about it, we prefer to travel by boat. It may take longer, but for us it is far less stressful. We also find it much more enjoyable as you can stop when you like once off the boat and see more along the way.
What do you prefer? Do you have any pros and cons for each of the transport options above?
Latest posts by Sam (see all)
- Tips For Visiting Peppa Pig World - August 19, 2017
- Our Bucket List Destinations Perfect For A Villa Holiday - August 16, 2017
- Simple Holiday Essentials You Must Not Forget!! - August 9, 2017