We haven’t been using packing cubes (bags) for very long (since about Oct 2015) but since we have started using them we have no idea how we managed without them! Packing cubes are a great idea and we really do love them. We now use them all the time for family travel. One some of our shorter trips we have used our E-Bag packing cubes for overnight bags as well!
Our Top Reasons To Use Packing Cubes
We have 4 different colours; one for each member of the family. For example, this means if we need clothes for the youngest as he has had an accident we can quickly open up our suitcase and pull out his coloured bag. It makes things so much easier and then there is no need to repack the whole suitcase again.
Keep Things Neat
Clothes can be neatly packed within the cubes, once the cubes (bags) are within the suitcase everything stays put, instead of sliding about at the bottom of your suitcase. It also doesn’t matter if you fold or roll your clothes to pack them into the packing cubes as each way will stop them getting creased.
No Need To Unpack
Once you have reached your destination, you can just pull the packing bags out of your suitcase and leave them in the drawers or the wardrobe. Clothes then stay neatly packed which means its easier for repacking when leaving! Yay!
As I have mentioned before you can use them as an overnight bag, you can also use the for other uses like:
- Keeping all your cables and chargers together
- Keeping underware separate from clothes
- Putting dirty washing in them
- Separating each member of the families clothes
- Toiletries in them (although if they leak then it will go through the mesh – you could wrap them in a bag first)
I’m sure there are plenty of other uses for them. However I’m sure this will give you some ideas to get you started.
- Don’t overfill or under fill your packing cubes. It does take some practice, but when you get it right it can make packing your suitcases so much easier.
- Remember to fill the spaces between the bars in your suitcase first before putting the packing cubes in. You don’t want to waste space! I normally put shoes/sandals in between the bars.
Anyone else thinking about buy packing cubes? Or do you already have some?