Taking our dogs on holiday doesn’t often happen, so up until recently we haven’t had to think about a dog packing list. We are planning to take our dogs away with us more in the future (they are part of the family aren’t they!?), so we thought this post would be helpful to any families considering taking their dog(s) away with them.
The next upcoming trip that we are taking our dogs away with us to is Northumberland. We have heard so many great things about Northumberland being the best for being dog friendly. So just like when we plan what to pack for a family holiday, we have a dog packing list too!
If you are thinking of taking your dog(s) away with you on a family holiday then do it! Everyone will have so much fun and you are guaranteed that you will have a more active and outdoor family holiday. You don’t need to take everything on the list below. However, we find taking the items on our dog packing list cover what we need for our family holidays with our dogs.
Our Dog Packing List
- Water Bowl & Food Bowl
- Dog Towels & Drying Coats (we love our drying coats, they are so useful!)
- Car boot opener (great for if we need to leave the dogs in the car while we pop into a shop – we would not do this on a hot day!)
- Tie up spike (goes in the ground and they get tied up to it)
- Poop bags
- Portable water bowl (great if out on a walk/hike)
- Portable baby gate
Now we also have our trailer (camping utility trailer), the dogs stuff will be packed away inside along side our stuff. We will also take a portable baby gate with us, so we can use this on a doorway to stop them roaming during the night.
Claire from Tin Box Traveller came up with several dog friendly stays, which seem just perfect for some quality time away.
If you are wanting to download a copy of this dog packing list then click on the image below!
There you have it…our dog packing list. Is there anything that you pack for your dogs for your holidays? Let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Sam (see all)
- Our Family Cycling Holiday Down the River Danube – Passau to Vienna - July 19, 2017
- To Take A Pram Or Not On A Family Holiday - July 11, 2017
- What To Take On A Family Cycling Holiday - July 5, 2017