Welcome to our new monthly family travel series where we will be finding out about other Bloggers favourite family travel destinations. Whether it be in the UK or abroad you will find out just why these bloggers love their destination and what you can get up to while there. If you are a blogger and want to take part then you can send us an email and we will send you more information. Our first blogger is Jade from Mummies Waiting!
Favourite Family Travel Destination – Disneyland Paris
Destination: Disneyland Paris
Age of Children At Time Of Visit: We’ve taken the girls numerous times, but their first visit they were 6 weeks and 23 months.
Where Did You Go?
In March 2015 we took our first family holiday (and mine and hubbys honeymoon) to Disneyland Paris.
What Did You Get Up To?
We spent four nights/five days there and rode rides, visited attractions and watched the most amazing shows. The parade and fireworks were breath taking and the experience was immense.
We decided to try 1 park each day and then start the loop again. However in reality we ended up walking from 1 park to the other quite a lot, but the views are amazing and there is so much to do this didn’t matter.
On one evening we left the girls in the room with our family (for about half an hour because well, breastfeeding!) Me and hubby grabbed a drink at the bar in the Santa Fe. He had a famous ‘glowtini’ and I enjoyed a kids cocktail, we bumped into members of a Disneyland Paris lovers Facebook group and were so chuffed we had gotten to meet them in real life.
Disneyland Paris has so many hidden secrets too, we loved going upstairs in the magical castle and then pop down to see the dragon before heading across the park and getting lost in the caves and bridges in the sky. It really is an experience like no other.
Favourite Things About The Destination
This holiday has my favourite Disney (and holiday memory) ever. Kairi (our then almost 2 year old), met Minnie Mouse for the first time. She was absolutely start struck and amazed. The whole experience was overwhelming for all of us and I ended doing the true mummy thing and crying. My daughter meeting her childhood hero is a memory that I will never forget.
- Traveling by Eurostar with the girls made our life so much easier, make sure you ask your travel agent or check yourself for the premiere upgrade before you book because often it comes out cheaper. The Premiere upgrade includes a meal (which is so helpful to keep kids occupied), more space, drinks and free Wi-Fi. All things that really made our holiday perfect.
- Always book and plan your meals before you go, Disneyland Paris gets VERY busy and there is nothing like wanting to eat with Mickey and then not being able too.
- If you are staying at the Santa Fe, there is a garage within 2 minutes from the hotel reception, its perfect to save money n bottles of drink or to grab a late snack.
Other Relevant Information
If you are worried that your child isn’t old enough yet, or they won’t remember it, you really shouldn’t be. I’ve written these two posts (including FREE download) on reasons why they are totally ready to go NOW!
Thank you so much Jade for telling us all about your favourite family travel destination. We haven’t been to Disney yet with our boys, but is somewhere we want to take them! We had better get saving. You can follow Jade on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Latest posts by Sam (see all)
- Tips For Visiting Peppa Pig World - August 19, 2017
- Our Bucket List Destinations Perfect For A Villa Holiday - August 16, 2017
- Simple Holiday Essentials You Must Not Forget!! - August 9, 2017