Wow this month has been one big head spin! We haven’t really done any travel (see below) but everything has been so rushed and hectic that it feels like we haven’t had a chance to sit down and rest!
June 2017 Monthly Round Up
- We were house bound most of the time last month, due to both boys getting chicken pox! The only travel I did was walking the West Highland Way with my mum. Which meant I was away for nearly 2 weeks while we walked the route and did some other walks in the area too.
- The boys went on a few outings to the local parks and also our local farm (Mill Farm) while I was away. They both enjoyed their quality time with daddy.
Home & Work
- Work has been manic as usual. It’s currently our busy season so the work load has increased a lot over the last month.
- While away on the West Highland Way (a 96 mile long distance walking trail in Scotland), I was without a data or Wifi connection for some of it which meant I couldn’t keep with the work load or talk to the kids on video calls!
- Home life has been pretty hectic too. Big K has quite a few after school classes which have moved to different days. This has meant juggling our work schedule around to try and get use to the new class schedules. I’ve been so use to our routine that I’m not too keen on the change!
- My parents were also meant to move house yesterday which got cancelled a few days before! So a stressful move day has now turned out to be even more stressful with loss of money and time consuming! It looks like they now move out while we are away on holiday, which isn’t ideal!
- Our site is now Number 60 in the Trips 100 charts. It seems to drop and then rise every month!
- This month I finished writing about some of the places we visited on our Northumberland Trip. This time it was about our visit to Bamburgh Castle.
- We reviewed the BrightSounds 2 Portable Speaker which we thought was amazing! You can get £5 off by using our discount code too.
- Last month we visited Loch Katrine, which is one of my favourite areas to explore. It has a little video of our time cycling & walking.
- As we had taken our dogs with us on our family holiday to Northumberland, I wrote a post about how dog friendly Northumberland is. What do you think was the answer?
- Trespass had also been in contact for us to review a waterproof jacket. It came in handy on my West Highland Way adventure!
- Our boys always love taking their trunkis on a family holiday with them, so I updated the post I did last year. Do your kids have a trunki?
- And last but not least I wrote about 7 reasons to take your dogs on holiday with you. It also includes some handy tips too!
How has your month been? You all been busy too? Let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Sam (see all)
- Why The Isle of Arran Is Perfect For Families - September 23, 2017
- Kings Cave & Machrie Standing Stones With Kids - September 20, 2017
- Travel Essentials For Travelling With Babies (Age 0-1) - September 16, 2017